Tuesday 15 May 2012

Stick for the Lips ♥

Favourite Lipsticks


Hello! Today I have my favourite lipsticks (other than MAC). One of my very first posts was my MAC lipstick collection so if you want to see that, go check that post out. This post includes my favourite lip sticks majority are 'drug store' as americans would say, but there are a few high end lipsticks in there too. - Something for everyone, theres a range of colours too, mostly nude though. Without further a do..

From Left to Right: BeigeIndecise, Sugar Frosting, Sweet Tart, Catfight, Nude Ingenue & Wild Orchid


Firstly we have a high end lipstick by 'Dior' this is 298- Beige Indecise. The colour is nude and has some pinky undertones which is quite nice. I bought this lipstick as for my formal/prom I got my make up done at a dior counter in Boots, and this was the lipstick the lady put on me. Its lovely subtlecolor and I didn't have any colours like this in my collection so I thought, why not? This is my only Dior lipstick but I am so pleased, the smell of this lipstick is heavenly, and I quite like the packaging too.

Next two  is not really a lipstick but to me does just the same jobbie. Its the new revlon colourburst lip butters in Sugar Frosting, and Sweet Tart. These lip butters are like a  VERY moisturizing lip balm with pigment for a hint of colour. Sugar frosting is a lovely nude pink but on the lips really only gives a shiny soft look - my most used one out of the two as I wore it to school probably everyday as it was so subtle. Sweet tart I only wear on occassions as its quite a bright magenta colour and very pigmented but the feel of these lipbutters are amazing and really are what they are hyped up to be!



Next is another high end - Nars in Catfight, again this is my only nars lipstick, I like the light plummy colour but im not to keen on the texture on your lips its quite drying, only bought it for the colour.. sucker right?


From Left to Right: BeigeIndecise, Sugar Frosting, Sweet Tart, Catfight, Nude Ingenue & Wild Orchid

Nearly there.. next is L'oreals Caresse lipstick in 501-Nude Ingenue. This is the most moisturizing lipstick I have ever experienced in my life! It glides on like a dream and the collection has such a nice variety of colours. I picked up this brown nude because I didn't have one and wanted to try one of the lipsticks from this collection. Only con I have with these lipsticks is the applicator is rather small and oddly shaped for usage.. - in my opinion.

Lastly but certainly not least my favourite colour. Revlons Wild orchid, I purchased this lipstick as I wanted MACs Show orchid, but it was only limited edition. This revlon lipstick is the PERFECT dupe. The colour is perfect when you have a tan. Its a beautiful dark fushia with quite a lot of blue undertones, I only dare wear this on nights out though! If you are very daring with your makeup please pick this up, you won't be disappointed!

Thats all for now guys, if anyone would like any requested posts please email me at chloexarmstrong@googlemail.com or post a comment below! Thanks for reading

Lots of Love,

Chloe - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment